Wednesday, December 12, 2012

So what happened last Christmas?

Last Christmas kind of disappeared down the drain!
 
My dad died last Thanksgiving, and I had to quickly arrange a flight home to the UK for his funeral. While it was lovely to see my family it was a hard reason for my trip. I actually got back to the US too late to send Christmas cards to friends and family in the UK and Europe, so I let it go. I also didn't get cards out to friends and family in the US, nor did I write my Christmas letter because I just didn't feel like it.

Last year we didn't decorate outside although of course we put up the tree in the living room. But it seemed I had barely gotten home, done laundry and caught up with the household chores before the boys were out of school and the holiday was upon us.

This year, I am feeling a little smug, although I am trying not to because you know what happens when you think you have a handle on things! The tree has been up since just after Thanksgiving. The fireplace is adorned with the Christmas village and tons of lights. There are lights and decorations (just a few) in the front garden and the elf has been here a week or two now keeping an eye on the twins.

Yesterday I mailed ALL of my cards, Australia, UK and US. DONE! It is such a good feeling. Christmas presents?? All bought, some are wrapped. Krispie treats in tins for friends? Ingredients bought, tins bought and lined with parchment paper. In addition, some stealth projects are in the process of being knit and I am feeling pretty pleased with myself.

I know what I am making for Christmas dinner (lamb), I know what pies I am ordering from my favorite pie supplier (Village Inn) and I have all the fixings in the house for my current favorite drink - fuzzy naval!!

WOO HOO! Sounds too good to be true?? But it is, and I am one happy camper!


No comments: